Tuesday 22 April 2014

Craziest decision ever.

Accomplishing one of my biggest dreams of completing my degree in 2013 and watching Secret Life of Walter Mitty had a profound impact on my life.


(Source: Internet)

Though I was very much inspired, I just felt that I could not do it (the extraordinary travel adventures) because I was bound by responsibilities. I SHOULD be looking for a better paying job with my degree and so I tried to look for jobs which I thought I SHOULD be doing as it is the RIGHT thing to do. I had many open doors but I was NOT happy even when job offers fell onto my lap


(Source: Internet)

I was in a constant struggle, battling between what I SHOULD do and WANT to do. I could not seem to liberate myself from the pool of responsibilities and the pride to live up to everyone's expectations.

Then on the 18th February, after a baking session and a long talk, everything changed.


(Source: Internet)

I realized that the truth behind what was restraining me from doing what I wanted to do, was no one or nothing external but myself. On the 18th February I decided to let go of who I was trying hard to be, the inhibitions and the likes that society attaches to our names with what come responsibilities and the need to fulfill certain expectations. I decided to take that leap of faith to let it all go because I know once I embark on a graduate job, I won't get another moment where I can make such drastic move.

Hence, instead of finding a job that a graduate should be doing, I decided to leave my current job and travel


(Source: Internet)

Of course besides travelling, I want to try many other jobs, the kind of jobs where many people may feel a 28 year old graduate should not be doing?


(Source: Internet)

I decided to explore new territories and shed those constraining inhibitions and give more allowance and expressions to my dreams. The day I decided to let go was the same day I decided not to let what others think affect my decision. This is my life and I only live it once. I would rather die trying than live with regrets. 

Of course I still need money to survive, but I have decided to live one day at a time. The moment I decided to let go, I let go of STABILITY.


So, if one day you see me doing some random odd jobs just know that I am saving up for another crazy adventure I have or I am trying out something new in my life! =)

I just want to end this entry with this:


(Source: Internet)

I am on my road to fulfill another crazy dream of mine. May you fulfill your crazy dreams too and if you wish to join me on my journey, follow me on Instagram @sianz1c1013 or this blog

Purposeful Traveller - Becoming Purposeful Traveller

No comments:

Post a Comment