Saturday 7 June 2014

Travel - Cosmopolitan Istanbul

Arrived in Istanbul exhausted from the long long journey but I am thankful to meet a kind Turkish professor on a public bus who shared with me lots of useful information and directed me to the road which led me to my hostel.

First impression of Turkey is a plus.

There is a Havatas bus that can bring us to Taksim Square. The bus stop is located right outside the airport, and the cost of the bus ticket is TL 10 (SGD6)

Like I have said, without the professor's guidance we might be lost for awhile but he was very kind to bring us to Istikal street from where we have alighted which is slightly away from Taksim square.



A trademark of Istikal street

Walking down Istikal street is like walking along orchard road, the street is crowded and there are many eateries and shops. I like the cosmopolitan vibes that come from the street! At the end of my 3 nights stay, I did not regret staying near Taksim square instead of the old city.


Yes it is this crowded!


Turkish delights?


Literally dripping with syrup


Kebab!!!




Endless graffiti that I loved!


Taksim Square at sunset. 

One of the more interesting experience I had in Istanbul was watching Maleficent! I did check with the counter staff if it was in English and from what I understood, it was a yes. Guess what? I watched Maleficent in Turkish.



It costs me 10 TL which is about SGD6, so we just sat through the 2 hours watching since we have time to spare! hahaha.

Purposeful Traveller - Something interesting happens each time you try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment