Thursday 9 January 2014

Travel - How about cycling in Ubud?

The warmth from the morning sun, the cooling wind because of the altitude and a breathtaking breakfast view. This was the beginning of our cycling tour and the route is in the suburb of Ubud.


Mount Batur


Breakfast view that I was talking about.

Had a coffee plantation visit before our bikes were fixed and off we went. Mainly down slopes, I chose to do the cycling tour with Happy Bike Tour because it has a rather easy terrain and is reasonably priced. But don't mistaken me, easy doesn't mean boring, in fact some of the down slopes were pretty scary and I had to be quite alert. 

We had several pit stops and guide explained to us more about Bali's culture. 


Listen intently


A community temple in the small village we passed by.


Paddy fields




Another community temple that just had a major ceremony



Last pit stop before we chiong for a short journey of UP slope. 


Besides all the awesome views, what I love about the tour was seeing the locals in their daily lives. Visited a traditional Balinese home, kids were running around and granny was doing her chores. Along the roads, kids would run out and wave to us (nearly lost control of my bike when I wanted to wave back at them, lol)

The cycling tour ended in 2 hours and we had a delicious lunch in the owner's house. Forget about all the restaurants in Ubud centre that sell Balinese food. I really feel in a traditional Balinese house is where you can find the yummiest Balinese food. It was so delicious that I had to have 2 helpings. hee.

Everything was included in the tour and it costs only Rp 350 000 nett (SGD 38). *gasp*



Ending off with a panorama view of Mount Batur

Purposeful Traveller - Cycled in Ubud!

No comments:

Post a Comment