Thursday 31 July 2014

Thoughts after Hair for Hope

This year after deciding to quit and travel, I signed up for Hair for Hope because I thought I finally can do something I have always wanted to - shaving my head and what's better, for a good cause.


Was I nervous? YES!!!!! But the moment the shaver touched my head, I know there was no turning back. This moment signified the moment I decided to let go of what people will think of me. 

I am grateful for family and friends who supported me. They gave me tremendous courage and to those who have donated, I know God will bless your kindness. =)


While there are people who appreciate what you have done, there are some who don't understand and I am learning to deal with it because while I have already forgotten I am bald, people will remind you that you still are. 

Then I realised the toil of cancer is not just physical, it is mental and emotional as well. May those needing encouragement find comfort in this action of the thousands who shaved their heads.

Hair for Hope is not just an event in my life, it is a journey.

Purposeful Traveller - Be bold, be bald.

No comments:

Post a Comment