Thursday 31 July 2014

Travel - Sunset in Samos

Crossing over to Greece from Turkey is like going from Singapore to Batam.


Goodbye Turkey, till we meet again.

Boarded a ferry from Kusadasi. It is a short drive from Selcuk where we stayed, we paid 40 euros for the transfer and ferry ticket to go to Samos, the gateway to the beautiful Greek Islands.

Arrived at a humble looking immigration custom, I followed my hotel's owner instructions - come out from the port, turn left and walk straight (this was really what the instruction was). We walked for very long, not knowing even if we were right but we met kind souls who told us we were on the right track. =D


So, we walked for a good 20 minutes before arriving at our hotel. I think it was still their off peak season, we were most likely their only guests? 


Hotel we stayed. 40 euros/night.


The awesome view from our balcony.

We wanted to visit Pythagorian town when we settled down but lo and behold, there was no bus service because it was a Sunday. :$ We only knew this when we walked a long way (maybe 30 minutes?) to the bus station.

I was disappointed and nearly want to give up going Pythagorian town, but I was glad we did not give up. We decided to visit it the next day even though it was a public holiday and the bus service was limited but we just made do with what was available. 

On our way back to our hotel (long walk again), we stopped to have a decent lunch.




We went back to our hotel then decided to go to the Gagkou beach nearby.




The building in yellow was our hotel. We just did random hiking after soaking ourselves in water for awhile. Samos actually had quite a lot of hiking places which I only found out when I was there. Sad that I am only staying there for 1 night. =(





The best thing for our first day was watching sunset from our room. 

I was captivated by the sunset I saw. It was so beautiful. Life is so beautiful and it reminded me of God's goodness. =)

As I am blogging this, I am encouraged by the things I saw and experienced. I shall dwell not on the negatives but focus on the positive as I continue this journey. 

I believe.

Purposeful Traveller - Things will work out, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment