Saturday 13 October 2012

Adore - Embrace Nature!

Enough of lectures and tutorials, I decided to head out to the nature on a Friday (late) morning for a hike! 

At Bukit Timah Nature Reserve.



That same old steep slope. But.... I had an observation! O.o People were walking down the slope backwards! It puzzled me! I thought it was some new form of training or what! Hahahaha... See See... power right?? 



Magnificent tree I saw =)

We took the main road up which I GUESS should be the "RED" route, distance is about 1.2km, trail grade is easy. A simple and less tedious start for my friend who just recovered from surgery. =)


Another magnificent tree!


We reached the top easily! Then we rested for quite awhile. What my friend bought really made me laugh! She was so super prepared! Ice water with a slice of lemon (-_-), sweets (in case she feels faint), insect repellent and biscuits! Hahahahaha!



She even did Bacon & Cheese sandwich for us. So sweet of her!

After resting, eating and chit chatting, we decided to take a different route down! Took the GREEN route that is about 1.9km and trail grade is moderate to difficult! This route leads us into the nature and we spotted more interesting sightings! 



Squirrel! But my camera quality not so good la!


Water catchment area?!


Tunnel/Cave. Woo.



Fallen Log.


Then we faced a few steep slopes but my friend managed to conquer them all!

When we were back to the main road, it was that steep slope again! After walking for awhile, I decided to walk backwards as well! It seemed to be easier and less straining on the kneecap when I walked backwards! Now I know why!



Enjoyed my day in the nature!


Headed to Upper Bukit Timah for Wanton Mee. 

Some thoughts as I trekked through the nature reserve - It is an awesome place to bring children along, where they literally see and feel nature, I believe they can learn a lot here especially about loving Mother Nature!

Purposeful Traveller - I love green!

No comments:

Post a Comment