Wednesday 16 May 2012

Travel - To the Peak of Mt Kinabalu

I have forgotten why I wanted to climb Mount Kinabalu but the sunrise I saw on the mountain top was a view I would never forget. =)


Wanna know how much it takes to see this sunrise? Read on.....


We call this "Killer Steps" and there were many out there. Endless. :$


Just when you were dying from the endless climb, you see locals carrying this bulk of things (and I wasn't even carrying my own bag) walking up and down in their fake crocs shoes/slippers (and I wore mountain climbing shoes), you have no idea how it feels. >.< Don't know should I feel shy or motivated~ LOL!


Told you its endless.

Finally after hours of climb, I saw glimpse of HOPE! Hope of reaching our Resthouse soon and so I climbed and climbed and climbed.


Indeed we reached our guesthouse where we will rest for the night! But before that, ANOTHER FLIGHT OF STAIRS! >.<|||


Yeah! Our dormitory! After placing our bags, we headed for dinner (stairs again!) then went to the toilet wanting to wash up, only to find out.....



NO WATER!!! NO WATER!!! NO WATER TO SHOWER!!! T.T Anyway the water temperature was like 10 Degrees Celsius. 不是臭死,就是冷死咯。(Either stink to death or freeze to death) hahaha. 

And so we wiped ourselves and went back to our dormitory. Watching sunset from my bed was another memorable experience for me. =))




And before I  could fall asleep, it was time to wake up for the summit climb =.= And it was cold, my nose leaked like nobody's business and my body ached because of the coldness. :$



Wondering what is this picture?

My friend tried to take a picture of the moon in the near dark environment and she slipped (didn't fall la) and ta-dah! this picture! Thought it was pretty cool. haha. 

After that, no more photo taking because we were all concentrating on the climb. All I had in my mind was - 5 steps at a time and I said it in my mind for 321789123704320975 times before I saw a glimpse of the sun.


Quick!


Another magnificent view. The shadow of the mountain cast on the clouds!

And so, we finally reached the peak of Mount Kinabalu (almost die-d) and I saw that sunrise that was worth it all. My friend once described the experience in very simple words - It was the moment when you are surrounded by the Sun, the Moon and the Stars. =))

When we begin our walk down, I was shock by what I saw. Did I really come up by this way?!!!! OH MEN!!! It would be MUCH faster if I could just ROLL down.... *faint*



The highest toilet. =.=


Walking down the face of the mountain.


Then we reached our resthouse, had our breakfast, packed our bags and begun our journey down. On our way down, I didn't really THINK alot. It was body over mind, I just let my feet take the lead. (On the way up, it was the other way round.) hee.

Oh, I think I did mention something on my way down. That is to take MOUNTAIN CLIMBING out of my HOBBIES!! hahahaha. (Say only la)

I learned a lot about perseverance during this trip and I also experienced something for myself - I may not be fast but I am STILL a finisher of this race/climb. =))

Purposeful Traveller - Be a finisher!

No comments:

Post a Comment