Saturday 8 December 2012

Travel - New Found Love, Skudai.

Skudai, the suburb of Johor Bahru, I have forgotten how I even managed to think of this place, but anyway, I did some googling and realize this area has many cafes, eateries and restaurants and hence decided to check it out. hehe

We did not drive in, we took public transport! Though we did our research but trust me, what the web says differs from reality! LOL!! 

Hence in reality what we did is this - Took a train to Jurong East bus interchange to board CW3 (Cost: S$4) change to ST8 at Malaysia Custom which will then reach Sutera Mall and from there it is about 10 minutes walk to our hotel. 

We stayed in J Hotel, booked a Designer room for RM 128 nett (S$52/night). I will definitely stay there again! It is simple and clean. =))




From the map below, "E" is where Sutera Mall is and we walked to J hotel (circled in red)


From our hotel, there are 2 cafes I wanted to explore! "C" and "H"

"H" - Grazia Cafe. It is just a 5 minutes walk from the hotel. We knew we were going to explore many places for food hence we tried our best to order minimal food in each place. LOL.



Spacious and simple.


Apple Cider (RM15.90) with Salad (RM8.90)


Cappuccino (RM6.90) with Japanese Mango "Swiss Roll"(RM5.00)

Personally I think the prices are considered expensive in their context but I still enjoyed myself! I really cannot wait to bring more people there!!!!


As our hotel location is so central, we kept walking back to our hotel room. HAHAHA. We did shop and snack a little at Sutera mall but shopping mall was never really our thing so we exited pretty quickly. haha.

It was drizzling in the late afternoon and I had craving for noodles! We decided to try Pontian Wanton Mee, I know Singapore has but.... I really think that the Wanton Mee tasted better here. Oh well...


After this meal, we went for a super (painful) shiok foot massage. Then went back to hotel (again) to slack. muahahahaha.. Then at night we explored another cafe.

"C" - Maco Cafe & Bakery

<


Photos of their latte art on the wall. Very creative and beautiful!



Choco Banana Millie Crepe (RM8.50) with a Pot of Earl Grey (RM9.00)


Chicken Ham & Mushroom Quiche (RM18)

They sell so many types of millie crepe but I can only manage to try one. T.T I should have brought more people with me!! >.<||| 

On our way back to the hotel, we spotted a stall selling Kway Teow Soup and we had that for supper!! RM 5.80! Cheap cheap good good! =D


For our breakfast next day, we were already eyeing on this coffee shop near our hotel. We went there for breakfast and I knew I must have Tau Sar Pau. YUMMY!



Super thick milo~


This is truly HAND MADE Mee Hoon Kuey. As I am blogging, I am missing the food already. =(


I love travelling! 

Purposeful Traveller - 旅行是一种学习久违的拥抱,拥抱蓝天,拥抱大海,拥抱最初的自己。



No comments:

Post a Comment