Friday 11 May 2012

Travel - My Penang Journey starts at Moontree47

Moontree47 is a cafe cum backpacker hostel. We decided to stay here because of its ideal location. Booked a non-airconditioned room for RM80 per night.

It is call Moontree47 because it is located at 47 Muntri Street hence they did a literate translation. The chinese name of this place is 月树. lol.

Anyway, when I saw this place, I loved it. =) Staying here is like staying in those traditional shop houses which I guess most of us would never have a chance to live in. hahaha. 


Our humble non air-con room. Gorgeous. 


A view of the cafe from the 2nd floor where we stayed.


Our toilet facilities. Love how they just creatively make use of simple things they have. Not to mention the "outdoor" shower facility. hehehe.


Another view from top.


Entrance of the cafe.


The cafe counter.




Italian Iced Chocolate on a hot afternoon.


Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake. When the owner first tell me the name, I asked her: Err.. is that 1, 2 or 3 types of homemade cakes you have??? lol. Didn't know the name is soooo long!


Then we just sat there, ate and played Monopoly deal till dinner time.

The owners of this place were very thoughtful, firstly they gave us a handphone with their contact numbers and a trusted taxi driver's number in case we need to contact them or we lose our way!

They were also easy to talk to and introduced us some good eateries! I will remember that Tze Char stall they introduced - Tek Sen, it is where the locals will dine. We had 4 dishes for RM62.50 and the food were delicious!


Pork Ribs with fermented beans.







What I also love about Moontree47 is that they really operate based on trust system! They will leave at night when the cafe is closed, leaving the key to the main door to all the guests. Hence we are free to go out at anytime. I really felt as if I was at home!

Alright, the only downside of staying here perhaps were the mozzies. Arh, but it didn't really bother me, just put insect repellent will do. =)

If you happen to go Penang, do visit Moontree47 on the afternoon and slack!! 

Address: 47 Muntri Street,10200 Georgetown,Penang, Malaysia, 10200


Purposeful Traveller - I love this place!

p.s will slowly blog about the various places I went. *standby*

No comments:

Post a Comment